What I Learned – 25 Tweets About New York City During The Pandemic

Updated 3 minutes ago. Posted 3 minutes ago

New Yorkers will *do anything* for outside seating.

This woman with a sign on her back telling people to back the fuck up:

This chart on the subway telling people they probably shouldn’t be riding the subway:

All the people clapping at 7 p.m. every day:

This person yelling at someone who was singing out his window to “shut the fuck up”:

This banner hanging off of a building:

This ambulance blasting Bill Withers:

Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn: An ambulance is driving around blasting Bill Withers’ “Just The Two Of Us.”

There is solidarity all around us.

RIP Bill Withers.

04:46 PM – 03 Apr 2020

This person getting creative with their COVID protection:

This sign at a bodega:

Sign in New York. Can’t wait to go back one day. Telling people like it is 👍🏼😂

03:06 PM – 05 Apr 2020

This bodega giving away free face masks:

This bodega giving an update about their cat:

“Don’t worry, our cat Nabi is with us at home.”

This sign of appreciation:

This doctor going to work:

On the way to my first ER shift in 3 weeks.

About half of the people are wearing masks.

Most of them are homemade.

I love New York and am forever grateful to live in this city.

01:23 PM – 05 Apr 2020

The physician on the front line:

I am a physician on the front lines in NYC and my colleagues and I are doing the best I can with what I have to work with.

I go to work to save lives. I sacrifice my own health for yours. The worst is yet to come so PLEASE STAY HOME.

#coronavirus #Covid_19 #StayHome

02:15 PM – 05 Apr 2020

All of the people wearing face masks:

I was walking down Fifth Avenue today in Manhattan & I was really impressed to see that about 90% of people I passed were wearing masks – see for yourself in the video! People here don’t whine about it, they just do it!

#Masks4All #NYC #NewYork #COVID__19 #ElGranDebate

12:43 AM – 10 Jul 2020

All the statues wearing face masks:

These lions wearing face masks:

The New York Public Library’s iconic lions, Patience and Fortitude, are now wearing 3-foot masks to remind New Yorkers to do the same.

02:48 AM – 02 Jul 2020

And this naked guy wearing a face mask:

This person selling burgers out of their window:

My friend was doing his famous fried onion burger “burger slide” pickups today in BK. Sold out so fast! You come at a designated time and your burger comes fresh off his backyard grill! It’s everything I love about NY…

11:27 PM – 16 May 2020

This chained up hand sanitizer:

In today’s episode of “the new normal”:
Why yes, that’s a gallon vat of some very strongly scented hand sanitizer. And yes, it’s winched to the sink with a chain thick enough to tow a car. 😂😂
#onlyinnewyork #onlyinny #watkinsglen #newyork #why #newnormal #tuesdayvibes

08:06 PM – 16 Jun 2020

This curbside dining option:

This curbside dining option:

And these people not giving up on their curbside dining dreams:

Sign Up For The Bring Me! Newsletter!

The latest travel tips, off-the-beaten-path experiences, and inspiration delivered to your inbox.